1000 Pub Quiz Questions: Link Round Special: 86 challenging linked quiz rounds from a Mastermind and Brain of Britain contestant by Jonathan PerryThis book contains 86 challenging and varied link rounds (rounds where the answers have a hidden connection that should be worked out). The links add an extra layer of difficulty and interest to a standard quiz. An example of one of the link rounds from the book is below:
1. What word follows “big” to give the nickname of the city of New Orleans?
2. Which 1997 disaster film starring Pierce Brosnan and Linda Hamilton told the story of their escape from a volcanic eruption?
3. Which UK city was known as Aquae Sulis by the Romans?
4. The second verse of which Christmas carol begins “See the flowing bowl before us”?
5. What beer, brewed by the Courage brewery, got its name from the fact that it was originally intended only for consumption by the brewery’s executives in Alton?
6. In the 1984 Black Lace song “Agadoo”, what word follows “agadoo doo doo” in the chorus?
7. In which athletics event is Cuban Javier Sotomayor the world record holder?
8. Which British semiconductor and software company was purchased by the Japanese telecoms giant Softbank in 2016 for £23.4 billion?
9. The tennis venue Wimbledon is also known by the initials AELTC. What does the L stand for in this abbreviation?
10. What is the link between the above nine answers?
The answers to these questions, and over 1000 more, are in this unique and entertaining quiz book. As well as standard link rounds like the one above, there are also many other kinds of rounds; rounds where the answers spell out the lyrics of a song, rounds where half of the answers are homophones of the other five, rounds where the answers are all anagrams of a certain set of things (e.g. Disney characters or world leaders), and many more.
If youre looking for something a bit different to your standard quizzes, this is the book for you!
Welcome to our Connections Quiz Questions Page
This pub quiz pack features 5 entertaining "Connections" rounds for you to include in your quizzes. Each round is made up of 10 questions. Some of these rounds consist of 2 mini rounds, with 2 sets of 4 general knowledge questions and questions 5 and 10 asking for a connection between the previous 4 answers, while other rounds are made up of 9 general knowledge questions plus a final question asking for a connection between the previous 9 answers. An example of one of these rounds is as follows Which government department is responsible for immigration, passports, counter-terrorism, policing, drugs and crime? The Home Office. What word can be put before "and honey" to give the Cockney rhyming slang term for money?
Question Paper 21st April Each question consists of a list of 3 members of a group of 4. Name the fourth. Brotherhood of Man. UK Eurovision Song Contest winners 2. Lady, Midsummer, Michaelmas.
Remember Me. Forgot your password? Forgot your username? Download our free Answer sheet pack for Quizz Masters. Suitable for Long and Short Quizzes. Quizzy Rascals. Mixed Puzzle.
See a Problem?
Popular Quizzes. Weekly Quiz - September 22nd Guess Who General Subjects Weekly Quiz - September 15th